Scrabble word: SISTER
In which Scrabble dictionary does SISTER exist?
Definitions of SISTER in dictionaries:
- noun - a female person who has the same parents as another person
- noun - (Roman Catholic Church) a title given to a nun (and used as a form of address)
- noun - a female person who is a fellow member of a sorority or labor union or other group
- noun - (slang) sometimes used as a term of address for attractive young women
- A girl or woman having the same mother and father as another.
- A girl or woman having one parent in common with another; a half sister.
- The daughter of a person’s stepparent by a previous marriage; a stepsister.
- A kinswoman.
- A woman fellow member, as of a sorority.
- A fellow woman, friend, or companion.
- A soul sister.
- A woman who advocates, fosters, or takes part in the feminist movement.
- Used as a form of address for a woman or girl.
- A member of a religious order of women; a nun.
- Used as a form of address for such a woman, alone or followed by the woman’s name.
- A nurse, especially the head nurse in a ward.
- One identified as female and closely related to another: “the sisters Death and Night” (Walt Whitman).
- Related by or as if by sisterhood; closely related: sister ships; sister cities.
- Of or being one of an identical pair: sister chromatids.
- verb - to treat like a sister (a female sibling)
There are 6 letters in SISTER: E I R S S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SISTER