Scrabble word: FOUNDER
In which Scrabble dictionary does FOUNDER exist?
Definitions of FOUNDER in dictionaries:
- noun - inflammation of the laminated tissue that attaches the hoof to the foot of a horse
- noun - a person who founds or establishes some institution
- noun - a worker who makes metal castings
- verb - fail utterly
- verb - sink below the surface
- verb - break down, literally or metaphorically
- verb - stumble and nearly fall
- adj - come upon unexpectedly or after searching
- To sink below the water: The ship struck a reef and foundered.
- To cave in; sink: The platform swayed and then foundered.
- To fail utterly; collapse: a marriage that soon foundered.
- To stumble, especially to stumble and go lame.
- To become ill from overeating.
- To cause to founder.
- One who establishes something or formulates the basis for something: the founder of a university; the founders of a new nation.
- verb - to become disabled