Scrabble word: FOUND
In which Scrabble dictionary does FOUND exist?
Definitions of FOUND in dictionaries:
- noun - food and lodging provided in addition to money
- noun - a productive insight
- noun - the act of discovering something
- verb - set up or found
- verb - set up or lay the groundwork for
- verb - use as a basis for
- adj - come upon unexpectedly or after searching
- To establish or set up, especially with provision for continuing existence: The college was founded in 1872.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to bring something into existence and set it in operation”: founded a colony; created a trust fund; establishing an advertising agency; instituted an annual ball to benefit the homeless; organizing the metal-trading division of a bank.
- To melt (metal) and pour into a mold.
- To make (objects) by pouring molten material into a mold.