Scrabble word: NOD
In which Scrabble dictionary does NOD exist?
Definitions of NOD in dictionaries:
- noun - a sign of assent or salutation or command
- noun - the act of nodding the head
- verb - express or signify by nodding
- verb - lower and raise the head, as to indicate assent or agreement or confirmation
- verb - let the head fall forward through drowsiness
- verb - sway gently back and forth, as in a nodding motion
- verb - be almost asleep
- To lower and raise the head quickly, as in agreement or acknowledgment.
- To let the head fall forward when sleepy; doze momentarily: nodded off on the train.
- To be careless or momentarily inattentive as if sleepy; lapse: Even Homer nods.
- To sway, move up and down, or droop, as flowers in the wind.
- To lower and raise (the head) quickly in agreement or acknowledgment.
- To express by lowering and raising the head: He nodded his agreement.
- To summon, guide, or send by nodding the head: The chairperson nodded us into the room.
- A forward or up-and-down movement of the head, usually expressive of drowsiness or agreement: gave a nod of affirmation.
- An indication of approval or assent: The contestant got the nod from the judges.
- verb - to briefly lower the head forward