Scrabble word: PALLIATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PALLIATE exist?
Definitions of PALLIATE in dictionaries:
- verb - lessen or to try to lessen the seriousness or extent of
- verb - provide physical relief, as from pain
- To make (an offense or crime) seem less serious; extenuate.
- To make less severe or intense; mitigate: tried unsuccessfully to palliate the widespread discontent.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to cause a fault or offense to seem less grave or less reprehensible”: palliate a crime; couldn’t extenuate the malfeasance; glossing over an unethical transaction; glozing sins and iniquities; whitewashed official complicity in political extortion.
- verb - to conceal the seriousness of
There are 8 letters in PALLIATE: A A E I L L P T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PALLIATE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PALLIATE plus a wildcard: PALLIATE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PALLIATE
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for PALLIATE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.