Scrabble word: PALLIATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PALLIATE exist?
Definitions of PALLIATE in dictionaries:
- verb - lessen or to try to lessen the seriousness or extent of
- verb - provide physical relief, as from pain
- To make (an offense or crime) seem less serious; extenuate.
- To make less severe or intense; mitigate: tried unsuccessfully to palliate the widespread discontent.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to cause a fault or offense to seem less grave or less reprehensible”: palliate a crime; couldn’t extenuate the malfeasance; glossing over an unethical transaction; glozing sins and iniquities; whitewashed official complicity in political extortion.
- verb - to conceal the seriousness of