Scrabble word: PALL
In which Scrabble dictionary does PALL exist?
Definitions of PALL in dictionaries:
- noun - a sudden numbing dread
- noun - burial garment in which a corpse is wrapped
- noun - hanging cloth used as a blind (especially for a window)
- verb - become less interesting or attractive
- verb - cause to lose courage
- verb - cover with a pall
- verb - cause surfeit through excess though initially pleasing
- verb - cause to become flat
- verb - lose sparkle or bouquet
- verb - lose strength or effectiveness
- verb - lose interest or become bored with something or somebody
- A cover for a coffin, bier, or tomb, often made of black, purple, or white velvet.
- A coffin, especially one being carried to a grave or tomb.
- A covering that darkens or obscures: a pall of smoke over the city.
- A gloomy effect or atmosphere: “A pall of depressed indifference hung over Petrograd during February and March 1916” (W.
- A linen cloth or a square of cardboard faced with cloth used to cover the chalice.
- To become insipid, boring, or wearisome.
- To have a dulling, wearisome, or boring effect.
- To become cloyed or satiated.
- To cloy; satiate.
- To make vapid or wearisome.
- adj - dull and uninteresting