Scrabble word: TELL
In which Scrabble dictionary does TELL exist?
Definitions of TELL in dictionaries:
- noun - a Swiss patriot who lived in the early 14th century and who was renowned for his skill as an archer
- verb - express in words
- verb - let something be known
- verb - narrate or give a detailed account of
- verb - give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority
- verb - discern or comprehend
- verb - inform positively and with certainty and confidence
- verb - give evidence
- verb - mark as different
- To give a detailed account of; narrate: tell what happened; told us a story.
- To communicate by speech or writing; express with words: tell the truth; tell one’s love.
- To make known; reveal: tell a secret; tell fortunes.
- To notify; inform.
- To inform positively; assure: I tell you, the plan will work.
- To give instructions to; direct: told the customers to wait in line.
- To discover by observation; discern: could easily tell that she was a newcomer.
- To name or number one by one; count: telling one’s blessings; 16 windows, all told.
- To give an account or a revelation: was now prepared to break silence and tell.
- To give evidence; inform: He promised not to tell on his friend.
- To rebuke severely; reprimand.
- adj - to give a detailed account of [v TOLD, TELLING, TELLS] : TELLABLE