Scrabble word: CHARTER
In which Scrabble dictionary does CHARTER exist?
Definitions of CHARTER in dictionaries:
- noun - a document incorporating an institution and specifying its rights
- noun - a contract to hire or lease transportation
- verb - hold under a lease or rental agreement
- verb - grant a charter to
- verb - engage for service under a term of contract
- A document issued by a sovereign, legislature, or other authority, creating a public or private corporation, such as a city, college, or bank, and defining its privileges and purposes.
- A written grant from the sovereign power of a country conferring certain rights and privileges on a person, a corporation, or the people: A royal charter exempted the Massachusetts colony from direct interference by the Crown.
- A document outlining the principles, functions, and organization of a corporate body; a constitution: the city charter.
- An authorization from a central organization to establish a local branch or chapter.
- Special privilege or immunity.
- A contract for the commercial leasing of a vessel or space on a vessel.
- The hiring or leasing of an aircraft, a vessel, or other vehicle, especially for the exclusive, temporary use of a group of travelers.
- A written instrument given as evidence of agreement, transfer, or contract; a deed.
- To grant a charter to; establish by charter.
- To hire or lease by charter: charter an oil tanker.
- To hire (a bus or an airplane, for example) for the exclusive, temporary use of a group of travelers.
- verb - to lease or hire