Scrabble word: BEARING
In which Scrabble dictionary does BEARING exist?
Definitions of BEARING in dictionaries:
- noun - relevant relation or interconnection
- noun - the direction or path along which something moves or along which it lies
- noun - dignified manner or conduct
- noun - characteristic way of bearing one's body
- noun - heraldry consisting of a design or image depicted on a shield
- noun - a rotating support placed between moving parts to allow them to move easily
- verb - have
- verb - cause to be born
- verb - put up with something or somebody unpleasant
- verb - move while holding up or supporting
- verb - bring forth, "The apple tree bore delicious apples this year"
- verb - take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person
- verb - contain or hold
- verb - bring in
- verb - have on one's person
- verb - behave in a certain manner
- verb - have rightfully
- verb - support or hold in a certain manner
- verb - be pregnant with
- adj - (of a structural member) withstanding a weight or strain
- The manner in which one carries or conducts oneself: the poise and bearing of a champion.
- A machine or structural part that supports another part.
- A device that supports, guides, and reduces the friction of motion between fixed and moving machine parts.
- Something that supports weight.
- The part of an arch or beam that rests on a support.
- The act, power, or period of producing fruit or offspring.
- The quantity produced; yield.
- Direction, especially angular direction measured from one position to another using geographical or celestial reference lines.
- Often bearings.
- Relevant relationship or interconnection: Those issues have no bearing on our situation.
- A charge or device on a field.
- noun - the manner in which one conducts oneself