Scrabble word: SMOTHER
In which Scrabble dictionary does SMOTHER exist?
Definitions of SMOTHER in dictionaries:
- noun - a confused multitude of things
- noun - a stifling cloud of smoke
- verb - envelop completely
- verb - deprive of oxygen and prevent from breathing
- verb - conceal or hide
- verb - form an impenetrable cover over
- verb - deprive of the oxygen necessary for combustion
- To suffocate (another).
- To deprive (a fire) of the oxygen necessary for combustion.
- To conceal, suppress, or hide: Management smothered the true facts of the case.
- To cover (a foodstuff) thickly with another foodstuff: smother chicken in sauce.
- To lavish a surfeit of a given emotion on (someone): The grandparents smothered the child with affection.
- To suffocate.
- To be extinguished.
- To be concealed or suppressed.
- Something, such as a dense cloud of smoke or dust, that smothers or tends to smother.
- verb - to prevent from breathing