Scrabble word: MOTHER
In which Scrabble dictionary does MOTHER exist?
Definitions of MOTHER in dictionaries:
- noun - a woman who has given birth to a child (also used as a term of address to your mother)
- noun - a stringy slimy substance consisting of yeast cells and bacteria
- noun - a term of address for an elderly woman
- noun - a term of address for a mother superior
- noun - a condition that is the inspiration for an activity or situation
- verb - care for like a mother
- verb - make children
- A woman who conceives, gives birth to, or raises and nurtures a child.
- A female parent of an animal.
- A female ancestor.
- A woman who holds a position of authority or responsibility similar to that of a mother: a den mother.
- Roman Catholic Church.
- A mother superior.
- Used as a form of address for such a woman.
- A woman who creates, originates, or founds something: “the discovery of radium, which made Marie Curie mother to the Atomic Age” (Alden Whitman).
- A creative source; an origin: Philosophy is the mother of the sciences.
- Used as a title for a woman respected for her wisdom and age.
- Maternal love and tenderness: brought out the mother in her.
- Something considered extraordinary, as in disagreeableness, size, or intensity.
- Relating to or being mother.
- Characteristic of a mother: mother love.
- Being the source or origin: the mother church.
- Derived from or as if from one’s mother; native: one’s mother language.
- To give birth to; create and produce.
- To watch over, nourish, and protect maternally.
- A stringy slime composed of yeast cells and bacteria that forms on the surface of fermenting liquids and is added to wine or cider to start the production of vinegar.
- verb - to give birth to