Scrabble word: MOTHER
In which Scrabble dictionary does MOTHER exist?
Definitions of MOTHER in dictionaries:
- noun - a woman who has given birth to a child (also used as a term of address to your mother)
- noun - a stringy slimy substance consisting of yeast cells and bacteria
- noun - a term of address for an elderly woman
- noun - a term of address for a mother superior
- noun - a condition that is the inspiration for an activity or situation
- verb - care for like a mother
- verb - make children
- A woman who conceives, gives birth to, or raises and nurtures a child.
- A female parent of an animal.
- A female ancestor.
- A woman who holds a position of authority or responsibility similar to that of a mother: a den mother.
- Roman Catholic Church.
- A mother superior.
- Used as a form of address for such a woman.
- A woman who creates, originates, or founds something: “the discovery of radium, which made Marie Curie mother to the Atomic Age” (Alden Whitman).
- A creative source; an origin: Philosophy is the mother of the sciences.
- Used as a title for a woman respected for her wisdom and age.
- Maternal love and tenderness: brought out the mother in her.
- Something considered extraordinary, as in disagreeableness, size, or intensity.
- Relating to or being mother.
- Characteristic of a mother: mother love.
- Being the source or origin: the mother church.
- Derived from or as if from one’s mother; native: one’s mother language.
- To give birth to; create and produce.
- To watch over, nourish, and protect maternally.
- A stringy slime composed of yeast cells and bacteria that forms on the surface of fermenting liquids and is added to wine or cider to start the production of vinegar.
- verb - to give birth to
There are 6 letters in MOTHER: E H M O R T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to MOTHER
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word MOTHER plus a wildcard: MOTHER?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word MOTHER
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for MOTHER
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.