Scrabble word: PATRIARCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does PATRIARCH exist?
Definitions of PATRIARCH in dictionaries:
- noun - title for the heads of the Eastern Orthodox Churches (in Istanbul and Alexandria and Moscow and Jerusalem)
- noun - the male head of family or tribe
- noun - any of the early biblical characters regarded as fathers of the human race
- noun - a man who is older and higher in rank than yourself
- A man who rules a family, clan, or tribe.
- One of the antediluvian progenitors of the human race, from Adam to Noah.
- Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, or any of Jacob’s 12 sons, the eponymous progenitors of the 12 tribes of Israel.
- Used formerly as a title for the bishops of Rome, Constantinople, Jerusalem, Antioch, and Alexandria.
- A bishop who holds the highest episcopal rank after the pope.
- Any one of the bishops of the sees of Constantinople, Antioch, Alexandria, Moscow, and Jerusalem who has authority over other bishops.
- The head of the Sanhedrin in Syrian Palestine from about 180 B.
- A high dignitary of the priesthood empowered to invoke blessings.
- One who is regarded as the founder or original head of an enterprise, an organization, or a tradition.
- A very old, venerable man; an elder.
- The oldest member of a group: the patriarch of the herd.
There are 9 letters in PATRIARCH: A A C H I P R R T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PATRIARCH
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PATRIARCH plus a wildcard: PATRIARCH?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PATRIARCH
9 letter words
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for PATRIARCH
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.