Scrabble word: PATCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does PATCH exist?
Definitions of PATCH in dictionaries:
- noun - a small contrasting part of something
- noun - a small area of ground covered by specific vegetation
- noun - a piece of cloth used as decoration or to mend or cover a hole
- noun - a period of indeterminate length (usually short) marked by some action or condition
- noun - a short set of commands to correct a bug in a computer program
- noun - a connection intended to be used for a limited time
- noun - sewing that repairs a worn or torn hole (especially in a garment)
- noun - a protective cloth covering for an injured eye
- noun - a piece of soft material that covers and protects an injured part of the body
- verb - to join or unite the pieces of
- verb - provide with a patch
- verb - mend by putting a patch on
- verb - repair by adding pieces
- A small piece of material affixed to another, larger piece to conceal, reinforce, or repair a worn area, hole, or tear.
- A small piece of cloth used for patchwork.
- A small cloth badge affixed to a garment as a decoration or an insignia, as of a military unit.
- A dressing or covering applied to protect a wound or sore.
- A pad or shield of cloth worn over an eye socket or an injured eye.
- A transdermal patch.
- A beauty spot applied to a woman’s face or shoulder to conceal an imperfection or to enhance the fairness of her skin.
- A small piece, part, or section, especially that which differs from or contrasts with the whole: a patch of thin ice; patches of sunlight.
- A small plot or piece of land, especially one that produces or is used for growing specific vegetation: a briar patch; a bean patch.
- A temporary, removable electronic connection, as one between two components in a communications system.
- To put a patch or patches on.
- To make by sewing scraps of material together: patch a quilt.
- To mend, repair, or put together, especially hastily, clumsily, or poorly: They patched together the broken statues with glue and plaster.
- To be connected temporarily.
- A fool or clown; a dolt.
- verb - to mend or cover a hole or weak spot in