Scrabble word: INDICATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does INDICATE exist?
Definitions of INDICATE in dictionaries:
- verb - be a signal for or a symptom of
- verb - indicate a place, direction, person, or thing
- verb - to state or express briefly
- verb - give evidence of
- verb - suggest the necessity of an intervention
- To show the way to or the direction of; point out: an arrow indicating north; indicated the right road by nodding toward it.
- To serve as a sign, symptom, or token of; signify: “The cracking and booming of the ice indicate a change of temperature” (Henry David Thoreau).
- To suggest or demonstrate the necessity, expedience, or advisability of: The symptoms indicate immediate surgery.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to give grounds for supposing or inferring the existence or presence of something”: a fever indicating illness; a shabby house that argues poverty; paintings that attest the artist’s genius; disorder that bespeaks negligence; melting snows that betoken spring floods; a comment testifying ignorance; a stunned silence that witnessed his astonishment.
- verb - to point out