Scrabble word: CHAMBER
In which Scrabble dictionary does CHAMBER exist?
Definitions of CHAMBER in dictionaries:
- noun - a natural or artificial enclosed space
- noun - an enclosed volume in the body
- noun - a room where a judge transacts business
- noun - a deliberative or legislative or administrative or judicial assembly
- noun - a room used primarily for sleeping
- verb - place in a chamber
- A room in a house, especially a bedroom.
- A suite of rooms, especially one used by lawyers.
- A hall for the meetings of a legislative or other assembly.
- A legislative or judicial body.
- A board or council.
- A place where municipal or state funds are received and held; a treasury.
- An enclosed space or compartment: the chamber of a pump; a compression chamber.
- An enclosed space in the body of an organism; a cavity: the four chambers of the heart.
- A compartment in a firearm, as in the breech of a rifle or the cylinder of a revolver, that holds the cartridge in readiness for firing.
- An enclosed space in the bore of a gun that holds the charge.
- To put in or as if in a chamber; enclose or confine.
- To furnish with a chamber.
- verb - to put in a chamber (a room)