Scrabble word: LITERATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does LITERATE exist?
Definitions of LITERATE in dictionaries:
- noun - a person who can read and write
- adj - able to read and write
- adj - versed in literature
- adj - knowledgeable and educated in one or several fields
- Able to read and write.
- Knowledgeable or educated in several fields or a particular field.
- Familiar with literature; literary.
- Well-written; polished: a literate essay.
- One who can read and write.
- For most of its long history in English, literate has meant only “familiar with literature,” or more generally, “well-educated, learned”; it is only during the last hundred years that it has also come to refer to the basic ability to read and write.
- noun - one who can read and write