Scrabble word: FORTUNE
In which Scrabble dictionary does FORTUNE exist?
Definitions of FORTUNE in dictionaries:
- noun - an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that causes an event to result one way rather than another
- noun - a large amount of wealth or prosperity
- noun - an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that leads to a favorable outcome
- noun - your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you)
- The chance happening of fortunate or adverse events; luck: He decided to go home for the holidays, and his fortune turned for the worse.
- Success, especially when at least partially resulting from luck: No matter what they tried, it ended in fortune.
- A person’s condition or standing in life determined by material possessions or financial wealth: She pursued her fortune in another country.
- Extensive amounts of material possessions or money; wealth.
- A large sum of money: spent a fortune on the new car.
- Often Fortune.
- Fate; destiny: told my fortune with tarot cards.
- A foretelling of one’s destiny.
- To endow with wealth.
- To ascribe or give good or bad fortune to.
- verb - to endow with wealth