Scrabble word: POIGNANT
In which Scrabble dictionary does POIGNANT exist?
Definitions of POIGNANT in dictionaries:
- adj - arousing affect
- adj - keenly distressing to the mind or feelings
- Physically painful: “Keen, poignant agonies seemed to shoot from his neck downward” (Ambrose Bierce).
- Keenly distressing to the mind or feelings: poignant anxiety.
- Piercing; incisive: poignant criticism.
- Neat, skillful, and to the point: poignant illustrations supplementing the text.
- Astute and pertinent; relevant: poignant suggestions.
- Agreeably intense or stimulating: poignant delight.
- Sharp or sour to the taste; piquant.
- Sharp or pungent to the smell.
- adj - emotionally distressing