Scrabble word: OPPOSITE
In which Scrabble dictionary does OPPOSITE exist?
Definitions of OPPOSITE in dictionaries:
- noun - a word that expresses a meaning opposed to the meaning of another word, in which case the two words are antonyms of each other
- noun - a relation of direct opposition
- noun - a contestant that you are matched against
- noun - something inverted in sequence or character or effect
- adj - being directly across from each other
- adj - of leaves etc
- adj - moving or facing away from each other
- adj - the other one of a complementary pair
- adj - altogether different in nature or quality or significance
- adj - characterized by opposite extremes
- adv - directly facing each other
- Placed or located directly across from something else or from each other: opposite sides of a building.
- Facing the other way; moving or tending away from each other: opposite directions.
- Altogether different, as in nature, quality, or significance: The effect of the medication was opposite to that intended.
- Growing in pairs on either side of a stem: opposite leaves.
- One that is opposite or contrary to another.
- An opponent or antagonist.
- In an opposite position: They sat opposite at the table.
- Across from or facing: parked the car opposite the bank.
- These adjectives mean marked by a natural or innate and irreconcilable opposition.
- noun - one that is radically different from another in some related way