Scrabble word: MORDANT
In which Scrabble dictionary does MORDANT exist?
Definitions of MORDANT in dictionaries:
- noun - a substance used to treat leather or other materials before dyeing
- adj - harshly ironic or sinister
- adj - of a substance, especially a strong acid
- Bitingly sarcastic: mordant satire.
- Incisive and trenchant: an inquisitor’s mordant questioning.
- Bitingly painful.
- Serving to fix colors in dyeing.
- A reagent, such as tannic acid, that fixes dyes to cells, tissues, or textiles or other materials.
- A corrosive substance, such as an acid, used in etching.
- verb - to treat with a caustic substance