Scrabble word: DORMANT
In which Scrabble dictionary does DORMANT exist?
Definitions of DORMANT in dictionaries:
- adj - in a condition of biological rest or suspended animation
- adj - (of e.g. volcanos) not erupting and not extinct
- adj - lying with head on paws as if sleeping
- adj - inactive but capable of becoming active
- Lying asleep or as if asleep; inactive.
- Latent but capable of being activated: “a harrowing experience which... lay dormant but still menacing” (Charles Jackson).
- In a condition of biological rest or inactivity characterized by cessation of growth or development and the suspension of many metabolic processes.
- adj - lying asleep