Scrabble word: MATRON
In which Scrabble dictionary does MATRON exist?
Definitions of MATRON in dictionaries:
- noun - a married woman (usually middle-aged with children) who is staid and dignified
- noun - a wardress in a prison
- noun - a woman in charge of nursing in a medical institution
- A married woman or a widow, especially a mother of dignity, mature age, and established social position.
- A woman who acts as a supervisor or monitor in a public institution, such as a school, hospital, or prison.
- adj - a married woman of established social position [n -S] : MATRONAL, MATRONLY