Scrabble word: IMPULSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does IMPULSE exist?
Definitions of IMPULSE in dictionaries:
- noun - an instinctive motive
- noun - a sudden desire
- noun - the electrical discharge that travels along a nerve fiber
- noun - (electronics) a sharp transient wave in the normal electrical state (or a series of such transients)
- noun - the act of applying force suddenly
- noun - an impelling force or strength
- An impelling force; an impetus.
- The motion produced by such a force.
- A sudden wish or urge that prompts an unpremeditated act or feeling; abrupt inclination: had an impulse to run away; an impulse of regret that made me hesitate; bought a hat on impulse.
- A motivating force or tendency: “Respect for the liberty of others is not a natural impulse in most men” (Bertrand Russell).
- A surge of electrical power in one direction.
- The product obtained by multiplying the average value of a force by the time during which it acts.
- The electrochemical transmission of a signal along a nerve fiber that produces an excitatory or inhibitory response at a target tissue, such as a muscle or another nerve.
- verb - to give impetus to