Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: SLIP
In which Scrabble dictionary does SLIP exist?
Definitions of SLIP in dictionaries:
- noun - a socially awkward or tactless act
- noun - a minor inadvertent mistake usually observed in speech or writing or in small accidents or memory lapses etc.
- noun - potter's clay that is thinned and used for coating or decorating ceramics
- noun - a part (sometimes a root or leaf or bud) removed from a plant to propagate a new plant through rooting or grafting
- noun - a young and slender person
- noun - a place where a craft can be made fast
- noun - an accidental misstep threatening (or causing) a fall
- noun - a slippery smoothness
- noun - artifact consisting of a narrow flat piece of material
- noun - a small sheet of paper
- noun - a woman's sleeveless undergarment
- noun - bed linen consisting of a cover for a pillow
- noun - an unexpected slide
- noun - a flight maneuver
- noun - the act of avoiding capture (especially by cunning)
- verb - move stealthily
- verb - insert inconspicuously or quickly or quietly
- verb - move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner
- verb - get worse
- verb - move smoothly and easily
- verb - to make a mistake or be incorrect
- verb - pass on stealthily
- verb - move easily
- verb - cause to move with a smooth or sliding motion
- verb - pass out of one's memory
- verb - move out of position
- To move smoothly, easily, and quietly: slipped into bed.
- To move stealthily; steal.
- To pass gradually, easily, or imperceptibly: “It is necessary to write, if the days are not to slip emptily by” (Vita Sackville-West).
- To slide involuntarily and lose one’s balance or foothold.
- To slide out of place; shift position: The gear slipped.
- To escape, as from a grasp, fastening, or restraint: slipped away from his pursuers.
- To decline from a former or standard level; fall off.
- To fall behind a scheduled production rate.
- To fall into fault or error.
- To cause to move in a smooth, easy, or sliding motion: slipped the bolt into place.
- To place or insert smoothly and quietly.
- To put on or remove (clothing) easily or quickly: slip on a sweater; slipped off her shoes.
- To get loose or free from; elude.
- To bring forth (young) prematurely.
- To unleash or free (a dog or hawk) to pursue game.
- To release, loose, or unfasten: slip a knot.
- To dislocate (a bone).
- To pass (a knitting stitch) from one needle to another without knitting it.
- The act or an instance of slipping or sliding.
- An accident or a mishap, especially a falling down.
- An error in conduct or thinking; a mistake.
- A slight error or oversight, as in speech or writing: a slip of the tongue.
- A docking place for a ship between two piers.
- A slipway.
- The difference between a vessel’s actual speed through water and the speed at which the vessel would move if the screw were propelling against a solid.
- A woman’s undergarment of dress length, suspended from shoulder straps.
- A half-slip.
- A pillowcase.
- A smooth crack at which rock strata have moved on each other.
- A small fault.
- The relative displacement of formerly adjacent points on opposite sides of a fault.
- The difference between optimal and actual output in a mechanical device.
- Movement between two parts where none should exist, as between a pulley and a belt.
- To escape the pursuit of.
- A part of a plant cut or broken off for grafting or planting; a scion or cutting.
- A long, narrow piece; a strip.
- A slender, youthful person: a slip of a child.
- A small piece of paper, especially a small form, document, or receipt: a deposit slip; a sales slip.
- A narrow pew in a church.
- Thinned potter’s clay used for decorating or coating ceramics.
- verb - to slide suddenly and accidentally
There are 4 letters in SLIP: I L P S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SLIP
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SLIP plus a wildcard: SLIP?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SLIP
Images for SLIP
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.