Scrabble word: PULSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PULSE exist?
Definitions of PULSE in dictionaries:
- noun - (electronics) a sharp transient wave in the normal electrical state (or a series of such transients)
- noun - the rhythmic contraction and expansion of the arteries with each beat of the heart
- noun - the rate at which the heart beats
- noun - edible seeds of various pod-bearing plants (peas or beans or lentils etc.)
- verb - expand and contract rhythmically
- verb - produce or modulate (as electromagnetic waves) in the form of short bursts or pulses or cause an apparatus to produce pulses
- verb - drive by or as if by pulsation
- The rhythmical throbbing of arteries produced by the regular contractions of the heart, especially as palpated at the wrist or in the neck.
- A regular or rhythmical beating.
- A single beat or throb.
- A brief, sudden change in a normally constant quantity: a pulse of current; a pulse of radiation.
- Any of a series of intermittent occurrences characterized by a brief, sudden change in a quantity.
- The perceptible emotions or sentiments of a group of people: “a man who had... his finger on the pulse of America” (Thomas P.
- To pulsate; beat: “The nation pulsed with music and proclamation, with rages and moral pretensions” (Lance Morrow).
- To undergo a series of intermittent occurrences characterized by brief, sudden changes in a quantity.
- The edible seeds of certain pod-bearing plants, such as peas and beans.
- A plant yielding these seeds.
- verb - to expand and contract rhythmically