Scrabble word: BREATHE
In which Scrabble dictionary does BREATHE exist?
Definitions of BREATHE in dictionaries:
- verb - draw air into, and expel out of, the lungs
- verb - be alive
- verb - impart as if by breathing
- verb - allow the passage of air through
- verb - utter or tell
- verb - manifest or evince
- verb - take a short break from one's activities in order to relax
- verb - reach full flavor by absorbing air and being let to stand after having been uncorked
- verb - expel (gases or odors)
- To inhale and exhale air, especially when naturally and freely.
- To be alive; live.
- To pause to rest or regain breath: Give me a moment to breathe.
- To move or blow gently, as air.
- To allow air to pass through: a natural fabric that breathes.
- To be exhaled or emanated, as a fragrance.
- To be manifested or suggested, as an idea or feeling: A sense of calm breathed from the landscape.
- To reach fullness of flavor and aroma through exposure to air.
- To require air in the combustion process.
- To inhale and exhale (air, for example) during respiration.
- To inhale (an aroma, for example): breathe the lush scent of lilacs.
- To impart as if by breathing; instill: an artist who knows how to breathe life into a portrait.
- To exhale (something); emit.
- To utter, especially quietly; whisper: Don’t breathe a word of this.
- To make apparent or manifest; suggest: Their manner breathed self-satisfaction.
- To allow (a person or animal) to rest or regain breath.
- To utter with a voiceless exhalation of air.
- To draw in (air) for the combustion process.
- To threaten by proximity, especially by pursuing closely.
- To watch or monitor closely, often annoyingly: The boss was breathing down my neck all morning.
- verb - to inhale and exhale air