Scrabble word: ETHER
In which Scrabble dictionary does ETHER exist?
Definitions of ETHER in dictionaries:
- noun - the fifth and highest element after air and earth and fire and water
- noun - any of a class of organic compounds that have two hydrocarbon groups linked by an oxygen atom
- noun - a medium that was once supposed to fill all space and to support the propagation of electromagnetic waves
- noun - a colorless volatile highly inflammable liquid formerly used as an inhalation anesthetic
- Any of a class of organic compounds in which two hydrocarbon groups are linked by an oxygen atom.
- A volatile, highly flammable liquid, C2H5OC2H5, derived from the distillation of ethyl alcohol with sulfuric acid and widely used as a reagent, a solvent, and an anesthetic.
- The regions of space beyond the earth’s atmosphere; the heavens.
- The element believed in ancient and medieval civilizations to fill all space above the sphere of the moon and to compose the stars and planets.
- An all-pervading, infinitely elastic, massless medium formerly postulated as the medium of propagation of electromagnetic waves.
- adj - a volatile liquid used as an anesthetic [n -S] : ETHERIC