Scrabble word: BLACKOUT
In which Scrabble dictionary does BLACKOUT exist?
Definitions of BLACKOUT in dictionaries:
- noun - a suspension of radio or tv broadcasting
- noun - darkness resulting from the extinction of lights (as in a city invisible to enemy aircraft)
- noun - the failure of electric power for a general region
- noun - a momentary loss of consciousness
- noun - partial or total loss of memory
- The concealment or extinguishment of lights that might be visible to enemy aircraft during an air raid.
- Lack of illumination caused by an electrical power failure.
- The sudden extinguishment of all stage lights in a theater to indicate the passage of time or to mark the end of an act or a scene.
- A short, comic vaudeville skit that ends with lights off.
- A temporary loss of memory or consciousness.
- A suppression, as of news, by censorhip.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “a temporary loss of consciousness”: suffers blackouts at high altitudes; fell in a dead faint at the sight of the cadaver; sank to the ground in a swoon; was taken to the emergency room in a state of syncope.
- noun - a power failure
There are 8 letters in BLACKOUT: A B C K L O T U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BLACKOUT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BLACKOUT plus a wildcard: BLACKOUT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BLACKOUT
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for BLACKOUT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.