Scrabble word: BALK
Is BALK valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of BALK in dictionaries:
- noun - the area on a billiard table behind the balkline
- noun - something immaterial that interferes with or delays action or progress
- noun - one of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof
- noun - an illegal pitching motion while runners are on base
- verb - refuse to comply
- To stop short and refuse to go on: The horse balked at the jump.
- To refuse obstinately or abruptly: She balked at the very idea of compromise.
- To make an incomplete or misleading motion.
- To make an illegal motion before pitching, allowing one or more base runners to advance one base.
- To put obstacles in the way of; check or thwart.
- To let go by; miss.
- A hindrance, check, or defeat.
- An incomplete or misleading motion, especially an illegal move made by a baseball pitcher.
- One of the spaces between the cushion and the balk line on a billiard table.
- An unplowed strip of land.
- A ridge between furrows.
- A wooden beam or rafter.
- verb - to stop short and refuse to proceed
There are 4 letters in BALK: A B K L
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BALK
Click to search all anagrams of BALK plus a wildcard: BALK?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BALK
Images for BALK
Lookup in Wiki for BALK
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.