Scrabble word: BOLT
In which Scrabble dictionary does BOLT exist?
Definitions of BOLT in dictionaries:
- noun - a discharge of lightning accompanied by thunder
- noun - a sliding bar in a breech-loading firearm that ejects an empty cartridge and replaces it and closes the breech
- noun - the part of a lock that is engaged or withdrawn with a key
- noun - the act of moving with great haste
- noun - a roll of cloth or wallpaper of a definite length
- noun - a screw that screws into a nut to form a fastener
- noun - a sudden abandonment (as from a political party)
- verb - move or jump suddenly
- verb - secure or lock with a bolt
- verb - swallow hastily
- verb - run away
- verb - leave suddenly and as if in a hurry
- verb - eat hastily without proper chewing
- verb - make or roll into bolts
- adv - in a rigid manner
- adv - directly
- A bar made of wood or metal that slides into a socket and is used to fasten doors and gates.
- A metal bar or rod in the mechanism of a lock that is thrown or withdrawn by turning the key.
- A fastener consisting of a threaded pin or rod with a head at one end, designed to be inserted through holes in assembled parts and secured by a mated nut that is tightened by applying torque.
- A sliding metal bar that positions the cartridge in breechloading rifles, closes the breech, and ejects the spent cartridge.
- A similar device in any breech mechanism.
- A short, heavy arrow with a thick head, used especially with a crossbow.
- A flash of lightning; a thunderbolt.
- A sudden or unexpected event: The announcement was a veritable bolt.
- A sudden movement toward or away.
- A large roll of cloth of a definite length, especially as it comes from the loom.
- To secure or lock with or as if with a bolt.
- To arrange or roll (lengths of cloth, for example) on or in a bolt.
- To eat (food) hurriedly and with little chewing; gulp.
- To desert or withdraw support from (a political party).
- To utter impulsively; blurt.
- To shoot or discharge (a missile, such as an arrow).
- To move or spring suddenly.
- To start suddenly and run away: The horse bolted at the sound of the shot.
- To break away from a political party or its policies.
- To flower or produce seeds prematurely or develop a flowering stem from a rosette.
- verb - to pass through a sieve (a utensil for separating the coarse parts from the fine parts of loose matter)
There are 4 letters in BOLT: B L O T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BOLT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BOLT plus a wildcard: BOLT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BOLT
Images for BOLT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.