Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: BUT
In which Scrabble dictionary does BUT exist?
Definitions of BUT in dictionaries:
- adv - and nothing more
- On the contrary: the plan caused not prosperity but ruin.
- Contrary to expectation; yet: She organized her work but accomplished very little.
- Used to indicate an exception: No one but she saw the prowler.
- With the exception that; except that.
- Without the result that: It never rains but it pours.
- That... not.
- If not; unless: “Ten to one but the police have got them” (Charlotte M.
- Than: They had no sooner arrived but they turned around and left.
- Merely; just; only: hopes that lasted but a moment.
- Traditional grammarians have worried over what form the pronoun ought to take when but is used to indicate an exception in sentences such as No one but I (or No one but me) has read it.
- noun - any of an order of marine fishes
There are 3 letters in BUT: B T U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BUT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BUT plus a wildcard: BUT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BUT
Images for BUT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.