Scrabble word: STUB
In which Scrabble dictionary does STUB exist?
Definitions of STUB in dictionaries:
- noun - a short piece remaining on a trunk or stem where a branch is lost
- noun - a small piece
- noun - a torn part of a ticket returned to the holder as a receipt
- noun - the part of a check that is retained as a record
- noun - the small unused part of something (especially the end of a cigarette that is left after smoking)
- verb - pull up (weeds) by their roots
- verb - extinguish by crushing
- verb - clear of weeds by uprooting them
- verb - strike (one's toe) accidentally against an object
- See Regional note at stob.
- Something cut short or arrested in development: a stub of a tail.
- The part of a check or receipt retained as a record.
- The part of a ticket returned as a voucher of payment.
- To pull up (weeds) by the roots.
- To clear (a field) of weeds.
- To strike (one’s toe or foot) against something accidentally.
- To snuff out (a cigarette butt) by crushing.
- verb - to strike accidentally against a projecting object