Scrabble word: BURST
In which Scrabble dictionary does BURST exist?
Definitions of BURST in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of exploding or bursting
- noun - rapid simultaneous discharge of firearms
- noun - a sudden flurry of activity (often for no obvious reason)
- noun - a sudden intense happening
- verb - come open suddenly and violently, as if from internal pressure
- verb - force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up
- verb - burst outward, usually with noise
- verb - move suddenly, energetically, or violently
- verb - be in a state of movement or action
- verb - emerge suddenly
- verb - cause to burst
- verb - break open or apart suddenly and forcefully
- To come open or fly apart suddenly or violently, especially from internal pressure.
- To explode.
- To be or seem to be full to the point of breaking open: The sacks were bursting with grain.
- To emerge, come forth, or arrive suddenly: burst out of the door.
- To come apart or seem to come apart because of overwhelming emotion: thought his heart would burst with happiness.
- To give sudden utterance or expression: burst out laughing; burst into tears.
- See Synonyms at break.
- To exert strong pressure in order to force (something) open.
- To separate (a continuous form or printout) into individual sheets.
- A sudden outbreak or outburst; an explosion.
- The result of bursting, especially the explosion of a projectile or bomb on impact or in the air.
- The number of bullets fired from an automatic weapon by one pull of the trigger.
- A volley of bullets fired from an automatic weapon: The machine gunner fired a quick burst.
- An abrupt, intense increase; a rush: a burst of speed; wind blowing in fitful bursts.
- verb - to break open suddenly or violently