Scrabble word: BUCK
In which Scrabble dictionary does BUCK exist?
Definitions of BUCK in dictionaries:
- noun - a gymnastic horse without pommels and with one end elongated
- noun - a piece of paper money worth one dollar
- noun - United States author whose novels drew on her experiences as a missionary in China (1892-1973)
- noun - a framework for holding wood that is being sawed
- noun - mature male of various mammals (especially deer or antelope)
- verb - to strive with determination
- verb - resist
- verb - move quickly and violently
- verb - jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched
- The adult male of some animals, such as the deer, antelope, or rabbit.
- Antelope considered as a group: a herd of buck.
- A robust or high-spirited young man.
- A fop.
- Used as a disparaging term for a Native American or Black man.
- An act or instance of bucking: a horse that unseated its rider on the first buck.
- To leap upward arching the back: The horse bucked in fright.
- To charge with the head lowered; butt.
- To make sudden jerky movements; jolt: The motor bucked and lurched before it finally ran smoothly.
- To resist stubbornly and obstinately; balk.
- To strive with determination: bucking for a promotion.
- To throw or toss by bucking: buck off a rider; bucked the packsaddle off its back.
- To oppose directly and stubbornly; go against: “Los Angeles County, the most populous county in the country, is bucking the trend” (American Demographics).
- To charge into (an opponent’s line) carrying the ball.
- To butt against with the head.
- A sawhorse or sawbuck.
- A leather-covered frame used for gymnastic vaulting.
- A dollar.
- An amount of money: working overtime to make an extra buck.
- The ultimate responsibility rests here.
- verb - to leap forward and upward suddenly