Scrabble word: BACK
In which Scrabble dictionary does BACK exist?
Definitions of BACK in dictionaries:
- noun - the posterior part of a human (or animal) body from the neck to the end of the spine
- noun - the side that goes last or is not normally seen
- noun - the part of something that is furthest from the normal viewer
- noun - (football) a person who plays in the backfield
- noun - the series of vertebrae forming the axis of the skeleton and protecting the spinal cord
- noun - the protective covering on the front, back, and spine of a book
- noun - the part of a garment that covers the back of your body
- noun - a support that you can lean against while sitting
- noun - (American football) the position of a player on a football team who is stationed behind the line of scrimmage
- verb - be behind
- verb - travel backward
- verb - give support or one's approval to
- verb - cause to travel backward
- verb - support financial backing for
- verb - be in back of
- verb - place a bet on
- verb - shift to a counterclockwise direction
- verb - establish as valid or genuine
- verb - strengthen by providing with a back or backing
- adj - related to or located at the back
- adj - located at or near the back of an animal
- adj - of an earlier date
- adv - in or to or toward a former location
- adv - at or to or toward the back or rear
- adv - in or to or toward an original condition
- adv - in or to or toward a past time
- adv - in reply
- adv - in repayment or retaliation
- The posterior portion of the trunk of the human body between the neck and the pelvis; the dorsum.
- The analogous dorsal region in other animals.
- The backbone or spine.
- The part or area farthest from the front.
- The part opposite to or behind that adapted for view or use: the back of the hand; wrote on the back of the photograph.
- The reverse side, as of a coin.
- A part that supports or strengthens from the rear: the back of a couch.
- The part of a book where the pages are stitched or glued together into the binding.
- The binding itself.
- A player who takes a position behind the front line of other players in certain games, such as football.
- This playing position.
- To cause to move backward or in a reverse direction: Back the car up ten feet and then make the turn.
- To furnish or strengthen with a back or backing.
- To bet or wager on.
- To adduce evidence in support of; substantiate: backed the argument with facts.
- To form the back or background of: Snowcapped mountains back the village.
- To move backward.
- To shift to a counterclockwise direction.
- Located or placed in the rear: Deliveries should be made at the back entrance.
- Distant from a center of activity; remote.
- Of a past date; not current: a back issue of a periodical.
- Being owed or due from an earlier time; in arrears: back pay.
- Being in a backward direction.
- Pronounced with the back of the tongue, as oo in cool.
- At, to, or toward the rear or back; backward.
- In, to, or toward a former location: went back for the class reunion.
- In, to, or toward a former condition.
- In, to, or toward a past time.
- In reserve or concealment.
- In check or under restraint: Barriers held the crowd back.
- In reply or return.
- To withdraw from (an enterprise or a plan) before completion.
- To fail to keep a commitment or promise.
- To cause to accumulate or undergo accumulation: The accident backed the traffic up for blocks.
- To make a backup of (a program or file).
- To maneuver a vessel in a narrow channel by adjusting the sails so as to let the wind in and out of them in alteration.
- The expression back of is an informal variant of in back of and is best avoided in writing: There was a small stable in back of (not simply back of) the house.
- A shallow vat or tub used chiefly by brewers.
- verb - to hold up or add strength to
There are 4 letters in BACK: A B C K
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BACK
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BACK plus a wildcard: BACK?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BACK
Images for BACK
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.