Scrabble word: ABOUT
In which Scrabble dictionary does ABOUT exist?
Definitions of ABOUT in dictionaries:
- adj - on the move
- adv - (of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct
- adv - all around or on all sides
- adv - in the area or vicinity
- adv - used of movement to or among many different places or in no particular direction
- adv - in or to a reversed position or direction
- adv - in rotation or succession
- adv - (of actions or states) slightly short of or not quite accomplished
- Approximately; nearly: The interview lasted about an hour.
- Almost: The job is about done.
- To a reversed position or direction: Turn about and walk away slowly.
- In no particular direction: wandering about with no place to go.
- All around; on every side: Let’s look about for help.
- In the area or vicinity; near: spoke to a few spectators standing about.
- In succession; one after another: Turn about is fair play.
- On all sides of; surrounding: I found an English garden all about me.
- In the vicinity of; around: explored the rivers and streams about the estate.
- Almost the same as; close to; near.
- In reference to; relating to; concerned with: a book about snakes; objectivity—a part of what biography is about.
- In the act or process of: While you’re about it, please clean your room.
- In the possession or innate character of: Keep your wits about you.
- Ready or prepared to do something: The chorus is about to sing.
- Used with a negative to indicate strong intention: I am not about to concede the point.
- Moving here and there; astir: The patient is up and about.
- The construction not about to is often used to express determination: We are not about to negotiate with terrorists.
There are 5 letters in ABOUT: A B O T U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to ABOUT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word ABOUT plus a wildcard: ABOUT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word ABOUT
Images for ABOUT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.