Scrabble word: INTERDICT
In which Scrabble dictionary does INTERDICT exist?
Definitions of INTERDICT in dictionaries:
- noun - an ecclesiastical censure by the Roman Catholic Church withdrawing certain sacraments and Christian burial from a person or all persons in a particular district
- noun - a court order prohibiting a party from doing a certain activity
- verb - destroy by firepower, such as an enemy's line of communication
- verb - command against
- To prohibit or place under an ecclesiastical or legal sanction.
- To forbid or debar, especially authoritatively.
- To cut or destroy (a line of communication) by firepower so as to halt an enemy’s advance.
- To confront and halt the activities, advance, or entry of: “the role of the FBI in interdicting spies attempting to pass US secrets to the Soviet Union” (Christian Science Monitor).
- A prohibition by court order.
- An ecclesiastical censure that excludes a person or district from participation in most sacraments and from Christian burial.