Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: DIRECT
In which Scrabble dictionary does DIRECT exist?
Definitions of DIRECT in dictionaries:
- verb - command with authority
- verb - intend (something) to move towards a certain goal
- verb - guide the actors in (plays and films)
- verb - be in charge of
- verb - take somebody somewhere
- verb - cause to go somewhere
- verb - point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards
- verb - lead, as in the performance of a composition
- verb - give directions to
- verb - specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public
- verb - direct the course
- verb - put an address on (an envelope)
- verb - plan and direct (a complex undertaking)
- adj - direct in spatial dimensions
- adj - having no intervening persons, agents, conditions
- adj - straightforward in means or manner or behavior or language or action
- adj - in a straight unbroken line of descent from parent to child
- adj - moving from west to east on the celestial sphere
- adj - similar in nature or effect or relation to another quantity
- adj - (of a current) flowing in one direction only
- adj - being an immediate result or consequence
- adj - in precisely the same words used by a writer or speaker
- adj - lacking compromising or mitigating elements
- adv - without deviation
- To manage or conduct the affairs of; regulate.
- To have or take charge of; control.
- To cause to move toward a goal; aim.
- To show or indicate the way for: directed us to the airport.
- To cause to move in or follow a straight course: directed their fire at the target.
- To indicate the intended recipient on (a letter, for example).
- To address or adapt (remarks, for example) to a specific person, audience, or purpose.
- To give guidance and instruction to (actors or musicians, for example) in the rehearsal and performance of a work.
- To supervise the performance of.
- To give commands or directions.
- To conduct a performance or rehearsal.
- Proceeding without interruption in a straight course or line; not deviating or swerving: a direct route.
- Straightforward and candid; frank: a direct response.
- Having no intervening persons, conditions, or agencies; immediate: direct contact; direct sunlight.
- Effected by action of the voters, rather than through elected representatives or delegates: direct elections.
- Being of unbroken descent; lineal: a direct descendant of the monarch.
- Consisting of the exact words of the writer or speaker: a direct quotation.
- Lacking compromising or mitigating elements; absolute: direct opposites.
- Varying in the same manner as another quantity, especially increasing if another quantity increases or decreasing if it decreases.
- Designating west-to-east motion of a planet in the same direction as the sun’s movement against the stars.
- verb - to control or conduct the affairs of
There are 6 letters in DIRECT: C D E I R T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to DIRECT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word DIRECT plus a wildcard: DIRECT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word DIRECT
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for DIRECT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.