Scrabble word: EXTINCTION
In which Scrabble dictionary does EXTINCTION exist?
Definitions of EXTINCTION in dictionaries:
- noun - no longer active
- noun - no longer in existence
- noun - the reduction of the intensity of radiation as a consequence of absorption and radiation
- noun - complete annihilation
- noun - a conditioning process in which the reinforcer is removed and a conditioned response becomes independent of the conditioned stimulus
- noun - the act of extinguishing
- The act of extinguishing.
- The condition of being extinguished.
- The fact of being extinct or the process of becoming extinct: “The most effective agent in the extinction of species is the pressure of other species” (Alfred R.
- A reduction or a loss in the strength or rate of a conditioned response when the unconditioned stimulus or reinforcement is withheld.
- A gradual decrease in the excitability of a nerve to a previously adequate stimulus, usually resulting in total loss of excitability.