Scrabble word: TONTINE
In which Scrabble dictionary does TONTINE exist?
Definitions of TONTINE in dictionaries:
- noun - a form of life insurance whereby on the death or default of a participant his share is distributed to the remaining members
- noun - an annuity scheme wherein participants share certain benefits and on the death of any participant his benefits are redistributed among the remaining participants
- An investment plan in which participants buy shares in a common fund and receive an annuity that increases every time a participant dies, with the entire fund going to the final survivor or to those who survive after a specified time.
- Each member’s share of a tontine.
- The subscribers to a tontine.
- noun - a form of collective life insurance