Scrabble word: BRISTLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does BRISTLE exist?
Definitions of BRISTLE in dictionaries:
- noun - a stiff fiber (coarse hair or filament)
- noun - a stiff hair
- verb - be in a state of movement or action
- verb - rise up as in fear
- verb - have or be thickly covered with or as if with bristles
- verb - react in an offended or angry manner
- To stand stiffly on end like bristles: The hair on the dog’s neck bristled.
- To raise the bristles: The cat bristled at the sight of the large dog.
- To react in an angry or offended manner: The author bristled at the suggestion of plagiarism.
- To be covered or thick with or as if with bristles: The path bristled with thorns.
- To cause to stand erect like bristles; stiffen.
- To furnish or supply with bristles.
- To ruffle; disturb.
- verb - to rise stiffly