Scrabble word: BEST
In which Scrabble dictionary does BEST exist?
Definitions of BEST in dictionaries:
- noun - the supreme effort one can make
- noun - the person who is most outstanding or excellent
- noun - Canadian physiologist (born in the United States) who assisted F. G. Banting in research leading to the discovery of insulin (1899-1978)
- verb - get the better of
- adj - (superlative of `good') having the most positive qualities
- adj - (comparative and superlative of `well') wiser or more advantageous and hence advisable
- adj - having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified
- adj - having the normally expected amount
- adj - morally admirable
- adj - deserving of esteem and respect
- adj - promoting or enhancing well-being
- adj - agreeable or pleasing
- adj - of moral excellence
- adj - having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude
- adj - thorough
- adj - with or in a close or intimate relationship
- adj - financially sound
- adj - most suitable or right for a particular purpose
- adj - resulting favorably
- adj - exerting force or influence
- adj - capable of pleasing
- adj - appealing to the mind
- adj - in excellent physical condition
- adj - tending to promote physical well-being
- adj - not forged
- adj - not left to spoil
- adj - generally admired
- adv - in a most excellent way or manner
- adv - it would be sensible
- adv - from a position of superiority or authority
- adv - (often used as a combining form) in a good or proper or satisfactory manner or to a high standard (`good' is a nonstandard dialectal variant for `well')
- adv - thoroughly or completely
- adv - indicating high probability
- adv - (used for emphasis or as an intensifier) entirely or fully
- adv - to a suitable or appropriate extent or degree
- adv - favorably
- adv - to a great extent or degree
- adv - with great or especially intimate knowledge
- adv - with prudence or propriety
- adv - with skill or in a pleasing manner
- adv - in a manner affording benefit or advantage
- adv - in financial comfort
- adv - without unusual distress or resentment
- Surpassing all others in excellence, achievement, or quality; most excellent: the best performer; the best grade of ore.
- Most satisfactory, suitable, or useful; most desirable: the best solution; the best time for planting.
- Superlative of well2.
- In a most excellent way; most creditably or advantageously.
- To the greatest degree or extent; most: “He was certainly the best hated man in the ship” (W.
- One that surpasses all others.
- The best part, moment, or value: The best is still to come.
- The optimum condition or quality: look your best.
- One’s nicest or most formal clothing.
- The supreme effort one can make: doing our best.
- One’s warmest wishes or regards: Give them my best.
- Interpreted most favorably; at the most: no more than 40 people at best in attendance.
- According to rule, better should be used in comparisons between two things: Which house of Congress has the better (not best) attendance record? In certain fixed expressions, however, best is used idiomatically for comparisons between two: Put your best foot forward.
- verb - to exceed in performance
There are 4 letters in BEST: B E S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BEST
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BEST plus a wildcard: BEST?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BEST
Images for BEST
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.