Scrabble word: BELT
In which Scrabble dictionary does BELT exist?
Definitions of BELT in dictionaries:
- noun - endless loop of flexible material between two rotating shafts or pulleys
- noun - a band to tie or buckle around the body (usually at the waist)
- noun - an elongated region where a specific condition or characteristic is found
- noun - a vigorous blow
- noun - a path or strip (as cut by one course of mowing)
- noun - ammunition (usually of small caliber) loaded in flexible linked strips for use in a machine gun
- noun - the act of hitting vigorously
- verb - sing loudly and forcefully
- verb - deliver a blow to
- verb - fasten with a belt
- A flexible band, as of leather or cloth, worn around the waist to support clothing, secure tools or weapons, or serve as decoration.
- Something that resembles this type of band: a belt of trees.
- An encircling route.
- A seat belt.
- A continuous band or chain for transferring motion or power or conveying materials from one wheel or shaft to another.
- A band of tough reinforcing material beneath the tread of a tire.
- A geographic region that is distinctive in a specific respect: “This is America’s rural poverty belt” (Charles Kuralt).
- A powerful blow; a wallop.
- A strong emotional reaction.
- A drink of hard liquor.
- To encircle; gird.
- To attach with or as if with an encircling band.
- To mark with or as if with an encircling band.
- To strike forcefully; punch.
- To sing in a loud and forceful manner: belt out a song.
- To swig (an alcoholic beverage).
- verb - to fasten with a belt (a strap or band worn around the waist)
There are 4 letters in BELT: B E L T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BELT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BELT plus a wildcard: BELT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BELT
Images for BELT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.