Scrabble word: WEATHER
In which Scrabble dictionary does WEATHER exist?
Definitions of WEATHER in dictionaries:
- noun - the atmospheric conditions that comprise the state of the atmosphere in terms of temperature and wind and clouds and precipitation
- verb - face and withstand with courage
- verb - cause to slope
- verb - sail to the windward of
- verb - change under the action or influence of the weather
- adj - towards the side exposed to wind
- The state of the atmosphere at a given time and place, with respect to variables such as temperature, moisture, wind velocity, and barometric pressure.
- Adverse or destructive atmospheric conditions, such as high winds or heavy rain: encountered weather five miles out to sea.
- The unpleasant or destructive effects of such atmospheric conditions: protected the house from the weather.
- To expose to the action of the elements, as for drying, seasoning, or coloring.
- To discolor, disintegrate, wear, or otherwise affect adversely by exposure.
- To come through (something) safely; survive: weather a crisis.
- To slope (a roof, for example) so as to shed water.
- To pass to the windward of despite bad weather.
- To show the effects, such as discoloration, of exposure to the elements: The walls of the barn had weathered.
- To withstand the effects of weather: a house paint that weathers well.
- Of or relating to the windward side of a ship; windward.
- Relating to or used in weather forecasting: a weather plane.
- Somewhat indisposed; slightly ill.
- Intoxicated; drunk.
- Suffering from a hangover; crapulous.
- verb - to expose to atmospheric conditions