Scrabble word: FOLIATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does FOLIATE exist?
Definitions of FOLIATE in dictionaries:
- verb - hammer into thin flat foils
- verb - decorate with leaves
- verb - coat or back with metal foil
- verb - number the pages of a book or manuscript
- verb - grow leaves
- adj - ornamented with foliage or foils
- adj - (often used as a combining form) having or resembling a leaf or having a specified kind or number of leaves
- adj - (especially of metamorphic rock) having thin leaflike layers or strata
- Of or relating to leaves.
- Shaped like a leaf.
- To hammer or cut (metal) into thin leaf or foil.
- To coat (glass, for example) with metal foil.
- To furnish or adorn with metal foil.
- To separate into thin layers or laminae.
- To decorate with foliage or foils: an arch that is foliated in the Gothic style.
- To number the leaves of (a manuscript, for example).
- To produce foliage.
- To split into thin leaflike layers or folia.
- verb - to hammer into thin plates