Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: FAIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does FAIL exist?
Definitions of FAIL in dictionaries:
- verb - fail to do something
- verb - be unsuccessful
- verb - disappoint, prove undependable to
- verb - stop operating or functioning
- verb - be unable
- verb - judge unacceptable
- verb - fail to get a passing grade
- verb - fall short in what is expected
- verb - become bankrupt or insolvent
- verb - prove insufficient
- verb - get worse
- To prove deficient or lacking; perform ineffectively or inadequately.
- To be unsuccessful: a valiant attempt that failed.
- To receive an academic grade below the acceptable minimum.
- To prove insufficient in quantity or duration; give out: The water supply failed during the drought.
- To fall short, as in what is expected of one: failed in her obligations to the family.
- To decline, as in strength or effectiveness: The patient’s heart failed.
- To cease functioning properly: The engine failed.
- To become bankrupt or insolvent: Our family business failed in 1929.
- To disappoint or prove undependable to: Our sentries failed us.
- To abandon; forsake: His strength failed him.
- To omit to perform (an expected duty, for example): “We must... hold... those horrors up to the light of justice.
- To leave (something) undone; neglect: failed to wash the dishes.
- To receive an academic grade below the acceptable minimum in (a course, for example): failed algebra twice.
- To give such a grade of failure to (a student): failed me in algebra.
- Failure to deliver securities to a purchaser within a specified time.
- Failure to receive the proceeds of a transaction, as in the sale of stock or securities, by a specified date.
- verb - to be unsuccessful in an attempt
There are 4 letters in FAIL: A F I L
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FAIL
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word FAIL plus a wildcard: FAIL?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FAIL
Images for FAIL
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.