Scrabble word: SOPHIST
In which Scrabble dictionary does SOPHIST exist?
Definitions of SOPHIST in dictionaries:
- noun - any of a group of Greek philosophers and teachers in the 5th century BC who speculated on a wide range of subjects
- noun - someone whose reasoning is subtle and often specious
- One skilled in elaborate and devious argumentation.
- A scholar or thinker.
- A Greek philosopher of pre-Socratic times who inquired about and speculated on theology, metaphysics, mathematics, and the natural and biological sciences.
- A professional philosopher and teacher, especially one belonging to a group of fifth-century B.
- noun - one that uses sophisms