Scrabble word: TOSS
In which Scrabble dictionary does TOSS exist?
Definitions of TOSS in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of flipping a coin
- noun - (sports) the act of throwing the ball to another member of your team
- noun - an abrupt movement
- verb - throw or toss with a light motion
- verb - lightly throw to see which side comes up
- verb - throw carelessly
- verb - move or stir about violently
- verb - throw or cast away
- verb - agitate
- See Synonyms at throw.
- To throw, fling, or heave continuously about; pitch to and fro: boats that were tossed by the storm.
- To mix (a salad) lightly so as to cover with dressing.
- To discuss informally; bandy: tossed the idea around.
- To move or lift (the head) with a sudden motion: “tossing their heads in sprightly dance” (William Wordsworth).
- To disturb or agitate; upset.
- To throw to the ground: ducked the blow and tossed his opponent.
- To flip (coins) in order to decide an issue.
- To flip coins with: I’ll toss you to see who goes first.
- To be thrown here and there; be flung to and fro.
- To move about restlessly; twist and turn: toss in one’s sleep.
- To flip a coin to decide an issue.
- The act of tossing or the condition of being tossed.
- The distance that something is or can be tossed.
- An abrupt upward movement, as of the head.
- To drink in one draft by suddenly tilting.
- To drink up in one draft.
- To do or finish effortlessly or casually: “technicians who can toss off the Romantic blockbusters with stupendous speed and ease” (Annalyn Swan).
- verb - to throw lightly