Scrabble word: POSITION
In which Scrabble dictionary does POSITION exist?
Definitions of POSITION in dictionaries:
- noun - the particular portion of space occupied by something
- noun - a point occupied by troops for tactical reasons
- noun - a way of regarding situations or topics etc.
- noun - the arrangement of the body and its limbs
- noun - the relative position or standing of things or especially persons in a society
- noun - a job in an organization
- noun - the spatial property of a place where or way in which something is situated
- noun - the appropriate or customary location
- noun - (in team sports) the role assigned to an individual player
- noun - the act of putting something in a certain place
- noun - a condition or position in which you find yourself
- noun - a rationalized mental attitude
- noun - an opinion that is held in opposition to another in an argument or dispute
- noun - an item on a list or in a sequence
- noun - the post or function properly or customarily occupied or served by another
- noun - the act of positing
- verb - cause to be in an appropriate place, state, or relation
- verb - put into a certain place or abstract location
- A place or location.
- The right or appropriate place: The bands were in position for the start of the parade.
- An area occupied by members of a force for a strategic purpose: The troops took up positions along the main road.
- The way in which something is placed: the position of the hands on the clock.
- The arrangement of body parts; posture: a standing position.
- An advantageous place or location: jockeys maneuvering for position.
- A situation as it relates to the surrounding circumstances: in a position to bargain.
- A point of view or attitude on a certain question: the senator’s position on arms control.
- Social standing or status; rank.
- A post of employment; a job.
- The area for which a particular player is responsible.
- The arrangement of the pieces at any particular time in a game such as chess, checkers, or backgammon.
- The act or process of positing.
- A principle or proposition posited.
- A commitment to buy or sell a given amount of securities or commodities.
- The amount of securities or commodities held by a person, firm, or institution.
- The ownership status of a person’s or an institution’s investments.
- To put in place or position.
- To determine the position of; locate.
- verb - to put in a particular location
There are 8 letters in POSITION: I I N O O P S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to POSITION
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word POSITION plus a wildcard: POSITION?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word POSITION
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for POSITION
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.