Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: DISTRESS
In which Scrabble dictionary does DISTRESS exist?
Definitions of DISTRESS in dictionaries:
- noun - psychological suffering
- noun - a state of adversity (danger or affliction or need)
- noun - extreme physical pain
- noun - the seizure and holding of property as security for payment of a debt or satisfaction of a claim
- verb - bring into difficulties or distress, especially financial hardship
- verb - cause mental pain to
- To cause strain, anxiety, or suffering to.
- To hold the property of (a person) against the payment of debts.
- To mar or otherwise treat (an object or a fabric, for example) to give the appearance of an antique or of heavy prior use: “There are the fakes—new rugs which have been intentionally distressed for an older look” (Hatfield MA Valley Advocate).
- To constrain or overcome by harassment.
- Anxiety or mental suffering.
- Severe strain resulting from exhaustion or an accident.
- Acute physical discomfort.
- Physical deterioration, as of a highway, caused by hard use over time: pavement distress.
- The condition of being in need of immediate assistance: a motorist in distress.
- The act of distraining or seizing to compel payment.
- Often used to modify another noun: distress merchandise; a distress sale.
- verb - to cause anxiety or suffering to
There are 8 letters in DISTRESS: D E I R S S S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to DISTRESS
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word DISTRESS plus a wildcard: DISTRESS?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word DISTRESS
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for DISTRESS
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.